Monday, September 7, 2009

I Am Not The Me That You Know I Am A Tree

I may have been at one time very close to the idea you have of me but as time goes and nature vs nurture comes into play its only natural that a person changes. Holding onto your ideas and your insights of a person is fine but keep an open heart and be mindful of their changes, no matter how long you have known them.
People are trees. We have roots of personality, those things that will always be there deep beneath the surface, the reactions and feelings we were born with but what every one sees is our leaves and we don't keep our leaves forever. When you meet a person you see their leaves in all the colors of their personality but the leaves fall and new ones take their place. As a persons surroundings influence them and nature takes its course, people change. Its still the same tree you love and care for but you cant keep trying to stick the wilted and dried leaves back on.
Don't you see? I am that tree. You are still holding on so tightly to those leaves that fell when I was little you never notice all the new leaves that have come and gone to take their place. I tried to point that out to you but you refuse to drop those leaves.
In your anger you have dug up my roots just to show me they are there. You stand there pointing at my roots as if I have forgotten them. Shouting "look, here are your roots. This IS what you are."
Don't you see how silly it is? Don't you see how much your hurting the tree? The tree knows exactly what its roots are made of and were they come from. My roots keep me standing in the wind and through the heavy storms. They feed me and nourish me, make me strong and support me and bind me to the earth and all that is there. All the time you are digging up my roots and pointing and shouting, dancing around in anger. You are hurting the tree cant you see? The tree does not hurt back. Standing there proud and tall, smiling and saying, "look at my pretty new leaves. cant you see? aren't you proud of my new leaves? don't you see how much I have grown, how beautiful Ive become?"
Why don't you just try, try to see my new leaves. Please bury the roots and just enjoy Me.
When you ripped up my roots was your plan to kill the new leaves because that is what you are doing, the tree is dying inside.

No comments: